donderdag 5 november 2015

On the way to CAS cards

 Hello, today I've new card on the Some Odd Girl Blog. I will show you something that’s a challenge for me. I’m going to show you a ‘CAS’ card I made. ‘CAS’ means ‘Clean And Simple’. For me that’s difficult because I love making scene cards with a lot sequins and for ‘CAS’ cards you need the opposite; a lot ‘white’ space, a few embellishments and a smooth look.       *Hallo, vandaag heb ik een nieuwe kaart voor de Some Odd Girl Blog. Ik zal je iets tonen dat voor mij een uitdaging is. Ik maakte een 'CAS' kaart. 'CAS' betekent 'strak en eenvoudig'. Voor mij is dat moeilijk omdat ik hou van scènes op mijn kaarten en ook veel pailletten, dat is het tegenovergestelde voor 'CAS' kaarten; veel 'wit' ruimte, een paar versieringen en een strakke look.


To me it seemed the easiest to start with a one layered card. When I masked off some parts of the card I was able to blend the background with ink. After that I colored the stamp and stamped the word “Merci”. Finished it off with three rhinestones and used a pretty paper from the Sunshine Sorbet paper pad as background.       *Voor mij leek het het makkelijkste om te beginnen met een "one layered" kaart. Wanneer ik bepaalde delen afdekte van de kaart kon ik op de achtergrond inkt aanbrengen. Daarna kleurde ik de stempel en stempelde het woord "Merci". Het kaartje werd afgerond met drie steentjes en een mooi papieren velletje uit de Sunshine Sorbet paper pad als achtergrond.


What do you think, did I succeeded in my purpose?     * Wat denken jullie, ben ik geslaagd in mijn opzet?
http://www.someoddgirl.com/collections/clear-stamps/products/frenchie-gwenhttp://www.someoddgirl.com/collections/odds-ends/products/sunshine-sorbet
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-thanksthanksgiving-3/

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige kaart, Ellen! De achtergrond met die kleuroverloop is mooi gedaan.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Fabulous card, love how the image is popping out of the circle.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow, your card is amazing and you have certainly cracked CAS ! Your colouring is absolutely fabulous !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen